Sunday, December 28, 2008

World's Smartest Squirrel



I know this is not directly related to kayaking but I had to post it anyway. I may have found the world's smartest squirrel!

For the past few days I have been watching this little guy trying to figure out how to get to the birdseed in the feeder outside my office window. I've seen him hang upside down from the branch, jump up from the ground, leap from the tree trunk, etc, all to no avail. However, today was different. He actually managed to climb headfirst down the string and hang upside down from the feeder. Strong little guy, right?

He then decided this was a bit too hard, so he went for another approach. This time he climbed the tree, grabbed the string, and nibbled through it until the feeder fell to the ground. Then, he hopped down and ate his full. I didn't have the heart to stop him. Besides, he earned his sunflower seeds today!

No comments: