Monday, May 5, 2008

Paddling Season

Well, it's finally paddling season again. I promised myself I would start heading out again come April 1st, rain or shine. What I didn't expect was snow. But, 6 paddles into the season and I have been snowed on twice so far. It's ok though. There is nothing quite as beautiful as kayaking through the mountains with light flakes falling down all over.


Anyway, I did a few paddles in the Central New York area around Cortland and Syracuse and loved every one of them. The best by far, though, was the Sangerfield River through the Ninemile Swamp. The swamp is an amazing place to paddle. I cannot wait to go back. My friends would love this place.
Now that Central New York is mostly done, I plan on heading up to the Adirondacks later this month. I will post more of my plans later.

No comments: